Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Just a question - was this the same chase as per Saturday Midnight/Sunday am???

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

Boy, 12, on hold-up charge
January 22, 2007 08:30am

POLICE charged a 12-year-old boy with aggravated armed robbery and stealing a motor vehicle after a high-speed chase through Perth's southern suburbs yesterday morning.

Four people were charged over an alleged crime spree after police pursued the Ford Festiva they were in for nearly half an hour about 1am.

Acting Sgt Steve Walker said that before the chase started four people, including the 12-year-old, were allegedly involved in the armed hold-up of a 19-year-old woman at the Esplanade, in Scarborough.

At about 12.45am police tried to stop the car when it was seen travelling north at more than 160km/h on Kwinana Freeway. It avoided two police stingers and hit speeds of up to 140km/h before its driver lost control and it crashed in Vahland Ave in Riverton.

Police claim Major Incident Group inquiries revealed the car was used on Saturday in bag-snatches on in Maylands and Morley.

** (names edited out by G), 25, of Dianella, was charged with aggravated armed robbery, armed robbery, stealing, failing to stop and stealing a motor vehicle and driving recklessly. He will appear in Perth Magistrate’s Court today.

** (names edited out by G), 19, of Balga, and a 17-year-old female from Cloverdale were charged with stealing a motor vehicle. The 17-year-old was also charged with aggravated robbery.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Hell good sitrep thrill, nice work.

Iv heard that polair 61 still gets clearance over the airport, this true ???
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

gkoutlis wrote:The end result was absolute tops - No WAPOL or civillians were injured - top stuff by Polair - who I actually found out on the Perth Airport Freq - 120.50 - Polair was given the authority (12:59am) to continue pursuit within close proximity of the Perth Airport (Domestic) - Flight Level 1,000ft - 1,200ft -

Awsome work by VKI as well - switching Pursuit authority from Polair 61 - to CD cars back to Polair - I think it was a great communications outcome for all involved and a positive result in these guys getting caught....

G
Sorry should have been alittle clearer on that JG - Air traffic control - freq 120.50, which i was scanning at the time as well - did give Polair 61 special permission to maintain pursuit from the air close to the airport....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

So are they alowed to go through the airport air space (once given permission) or just close by ?
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Walks wrote:8) Head for radio
:twisted:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

JG-103 wrote:So are they alowed to go through the airport air space (once given permission) or just close by ?
Close by - with stricked approval from Perth Tower - who also inform CASA and Air Services Australia - All comm's are strictly recorded and logged- incase anything goes wrong... which is fair enough....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

danny wrote:
I am guessing from that response it was danny.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Donga wrote:
danny wrote:
No it was the one and only Walks,

Dont be so hard on yourself Walks.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I missed out on the rest of that chase as i cant pick up that other area
imacop

Post by imacop »

Speaking of Polair 61, it received a new camera today.

New infra-red camera for police chopper

WA Police can now read a car number plate from an altitude of 450 metres, after this morning taking possession of a new infra-red camera for Polair 61.

Police Air Wing officer-in-charge acting inspector Clinton Oversby said the new "eye in the sky" was a tremendous asset to the helicopter and the frontline police officers it supported.

“Our old FLIR (Forward Looking Infra Red) camera was about seven years old and with advances in technology was very outdated. This new model greatly enhances our capability to monitor and record incidents from the air in terms of range and clarity of pictures,â€
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

imacop wrote:Speaking of Polair 61, it received a new camera today.
I noticed that the quality of the FLIR footage for that chase that went near the airport was a better quality to what we've seen in the past... But it didn't twig until I saw the article that it was "all new and improved"...

And Walks, was that your one and only shot at being a media star, or are we likely to see you pop up again from time to time? :)

Cheers,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Angus

Post by Angus »

yeah...lol
On the 7th day...god created the turd
On the 8th day...Ford made it move
Lucas_arts_182

Search w/ polair

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

search for a man who left his car after it broke down.
included POLAIR61
Car (unknown unit number)
Portable
on williston area channel
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

Robo wrote:
Donga wrote:
danny wrote: :twisted:
No it was the one and only Walks,

Dont be so hard on yourself Walks.
Yeah, don't be so hard on yourself.....

We'll do that for you.... And where's the CARTON !!! :shock:
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996