Blue Commodore

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Fastlane wrote:
Kanye wrote:
Fastlane wrote:I dont think a "do as we say or we wont post" attitude helps either.
How does your sentiment help? Thought about it? you are right, it does not help.
bend over and grab your ankles.. whatever floats your boat!
Why start an argument.

All that was said in the previous post was not to go into too much description including number plates. If that had been read and followed then there would be no problem.

The point Danny is getting at is that if too much is given away then its not worth while police officers posting because it looks bad on them being assosciated to a web site that passes around information about WAPOL that is meant to be low key.

Just use common sense before you post, its not difficult.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Fastlane wrote:I dont think a "do as we say or we wont post" attitude helps either.
I was actually thinking out aloud when i replied to Robo with the comment i made.

Fast Lane, I wasnt asking you to do anything, so saying i have an attitude of "do as we say or we wont post" is incorrect.

I dont think my requests to have number plates of unmarked Police Vehicles taken of this forum were to much.

I have provided this forum with good contributions, and asking one request about the number plates to be removed was not unreasonable.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

I dont disagree, but attaching a condition to that later on..

.. but I guess as you said, you were thinking out loud.
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

Hi and Happy New Year Everyone I agree with Danny I think posting number plates of plain cars is irresponsible and possibly (personal opinion here) verges on either hinder or obstruction given the intent of the Police Service and what has resulted here.

I would be interested in a response from either Danny or B.F. to my observation.

I think Hinder has been scrapped and replaced with obstruction which has wide and varying powers however I would be interested in a professional opinion from those that apply the law every day.
uneekwahn

Post by uneekwahn »

Firstly, the entire number plate was not posted.

Secondly, there are probably numerous cars that have a licence plate that begins with BSN and are not too disimilar to the vehicle described.

Thirdly, apart from the shades on the rear window, the car reeks of Police. "Pursuit rims", the aerials (from what I can remember) and the fact that when I saw it, both occupants of the vehicle were uniformed officers.

If the entire plate had been posted, then I would completely agree with you that it is irresponsible, however it was not.

You all complain about posting details of a vehicle and say that it could hinder or obstruct police, yet I see no complaints about the fact that the purpose of this forum is to discuss what is heard on Police and Emergency Services radio frequencies, and the frequencies required are freely posted on this forum.

Surely this act should be more of a concern because of the potential to create more of a hindrance or obstruction to Police than posting the first THREE digits of a vehicles licence plate.
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

uneekwahn wrote: Thirdly, apart from the shades on the rear window, the car reeks of Police. "Pursuit rims", the aerials (from what I can remember) and the fact that when I saw it, both occupants of the vehicle were uniformed officers..
Judging from the description of the car, you have never even seen it...

If you did you would realise why the registration plates should not be published, whether that be full plate or partial plate.

Anyway over this topic, back to watching the cricket :)
BF

Post by BF »

Just.nosey, From a legal point of view, no possible way of Obstruction, you have to obstruct a Police Officer in the execution of their duty. Discussing a number plate or piece of equipment in no way obstructs the boys from doing their duty.

Danny and Robo are just asking the members of the forum to act in good faith about stuff you hear about or see. Of course everyone can make their own decision on what they do with the info.

I'd be sticking normal plates on the next one you get Danny, nothing to talk about then!!
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

BF wrote:I'd be sticking normal plates on the next one you get Danny, nothing to talk about then!!
Or changing them over quicker :twisted:
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Personalised plates would be pretty cool, no one would really expect that would they?? My old mans personal car has THESARGE on his number plates.. so most people just take a guess at what he does for a living :P
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Schism_ wrote:Personalised plates would be pretty cool, no one would really expect that would they?? My old mans personal car has THESARGE on his number plates.. so most people just take a guess at what he does for a living :P
I spose until word got around. Personal would be alot easier to remember then stock number plates.

Though i'd love to see Danny Cruising in TE222 with the number plate "THEFUZZ" Or Walks in Delta 7 with "PO-PO" :lol:
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

B.F. Thanks for that as I said I wasn't sure and it was best considered by those who apply the law every day.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

danny wrote:
uneekwahn wrote: Thirdly, apart from the shades on the rear window, the car reeks of Police. "Pursuit rims", the aerials (from what I can remember) and the fact that when I saw it, both occupants of the vehicle were uniformed officers..
Judging from the description of the car, you have never even seen it...

If you did you would realise why the registration plates should not be published, whether that be full plate or partial plate.

Anyway over this topic, back to watching the cricket :)
There you go Danny.

The only thing he got right with the desription was the window socks.

Also if the car reeks of Police how come it gets so many good pinches. The short time I worked in that car we got cars passing us at anywhere from 30-50 K's over the limit and the best one was a guy doing 183 in a 70 zone, thats why we dont want desriptions or number plates(even partial) because its cars like that which get the idiots off the road before they kill innocent people. Like your or my family. Just a thought.
uneekwahn

Post by uneekwahn »

Robo wrote: There you go Danny.

The only thing he got right with the desription was the window socks.

Also if the car reeks of Police how come it gets so many good pinches. The short time I worked in that car we got cars passing us at anywhere from 30-50 K's over the limit and the best one was a guy doing 183 in a 70 zone, thats why we dont want desriptions or number plates(even partial) because its cars like that which get the idiots off the road before they kill innocent people. Like your or my family. Just a thought.
I didn't get a good description because I was too busy driving my own car and paying attention to the road conditions, not looking at what at a glance looked like a police issue Commodore but with window shades and Busselton licence plates :)

I have absolutely no problem with your arguement whatsoever, and agree that releasing that people knowing this specific information could be a potential risk.

The only problem I have is with people who get a bit of sand in their vagina and complain about the release or posting of this information being obstruction or hindering when in fact the entire purpose of this site should be considered more of a hindrance or obstruction.

It's like someone complaining about all the litter around the place and they're a smoker and flick their cigarette butts out the window.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

It's interesting to see how quickly a discussion can drift off topic and arguments start...

Without naming names, pointing fingers, or implying anything about anyone, this is just a gentle reminder to all forum members to think before they post.

I'm sure there are some things that the Police would prefer weren't general knowledge, and while people may believe they have every right to discuss the attributes of an unmarked car doing a traffic stop, we should all think briefly about whether committing such information to the public domain is in the best interest.

So please treat this post just as a reminder to think for a second before clicking that Submit button, and ask yourself if your post is "responsible".

Thanks!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.