QO301

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

hitman

Post by hitman »

vk6hgr wrote:
Also... read the Sunday Times last weekend.
I didn't read it.

Now I haven't been on on a day or so and some people for some reason have edited their posts here and deleted their comments... Could someone please fill me in on what is going on??
All I can tell you is that it has nothing to do with the spreadsheet itself. I was simply referring to it as an example of what people are willing to discuss and what they are not.

I believe that the spreadsheet is excellent, informative and a really good idea.

I simply cannot understand why people will discuss more sensitive information on other communication forms but wont discuss it on here. If you are willing to reveal shit on MSN / chat rooms why wont you post it here.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SPREADSHEET!
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

hitman wrote:IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SPREADSHEET!
i think it had nothing do with the spred sheet aswel, i mean, when u think about it guys, All the cars that are on that sheet, are out on the road, in public view, No rules have been broken. I think we reacted a lil quickly here ...[/color]
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The way the post read PLUS the Sunday Times news item made me take it off. I will repost the spreadsheet once I feel the furore has died down.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I beleive that the spreadsheet does touch the boundaries of what should be on a public forum.

It describes in detail what nearly every Police Vehicle looks like, quite frankly when im listening to Poilce on a scanner I dont care that it is a VZ SV6 with a Vector light bar, what differance does it make.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

what was in the sunday times? was there something about your spread sheet on there or something
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Brad Michau wrote:what was in the sunday times? was there something about your spread sheet on there or something
THE SUNDAY TIMES can reveal the leaking of classified police information in extraordinary computer files that name thousands of serving police officers.

The files – which may already be in the hands of hardened criminals or terrorists – contain a vast amount of confidential material such as the registration numbers of unmarked police vehicles and prison transport and details of some officers' private cars.

The files list the names and regimental numbers of 3498 WA police officers, plus thousands more from other states.

Also listed are 564 former WA police officers and 86 railway special constables and transit guards.

Be that as it may I don't want to be tarred with the same brush and be accused of something I am not doing or have not done.

More articles are here and here.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

hitman wrote:
If you aren't willing to post everything, I don't agree with posting anything at all!
Because sometimes it isn't appropiate to post everything and this is a public forum.......

I won't post then hitman. :twisted:

Congrats on your fine posting, keep up the good work.

TOM
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys this is a quick and sure way of losing people on this Forum, we have a damn good group of team mates - with different levels of knowledge - Lets not tarnish that guys.... :roll:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I agreee with Dazla and Millsy, what was in the Sunday Times had nothing to do with or close to anything related to the spread sheet, all the spread sheet is is a list of cop cars which as Millsy says, are in public view, nearly all marked cars already, all we have really done is put the call signs to the car and what type of car and type of lights it has, not what the rego, what an officer's civilian car is or its rego or made any comments about the cops who drive em. Hitman doesnt want the spread sheet down and what he said wasnt against the spread sheet. How can anybody use our spreadsheet for terrorism or crime? Tell me that. We havent done anything wrong by doing the spreadsheet, anybody can obtain the info we have, all they got to do is drive around and write it down.
No law has been broken creating the spreadsheet !
WPXZBP please put it back up were it belongs.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I can just see it now.. A shithead running down the road spread sheet and scanner in hand thinking to himself UQ301 HOLY CRAP thats a holden commodore with GD light bar and a secure pod..

IM IN TROUBLE NOW!!
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

hahaha :lol:
" Wait a min, Thats not a GDLB"
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

Fozzy wrote:I can just see it now.. A shithead running down the road spread sheet and scanner in hand thinking to himself UQ301 HOLY CRAP thats a holden commodore with GD light bar and a secure pod..

IM IN TROUBLE NOW!!
lol thats awesome hahaha
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Lol