QO301

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Always RX

QO301

Post by Always RX »

Heard last night attending a crash in Harvey st. Mosman Park.
Any idea who they are?. Or where from?.
gkoutlis

Re: QO301

Post by gkoutlis »

Always RX wrote:Heard last night attending a crash in Harvey st. Mosman Park.
Any idea who they are?. Or where from?.
Always RX - mate they seem to be popping up here and there - i posted not long ago a bout a possible bomb left at an intersection of Berwick and Kent Street, Victoria Park. a QO vehicle did attend, but no one replied as to who they are - so as per Always RX's question, Who the bloody hell is Qubbec Oscar ????? :D
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

also heard tonight QO317 going freo to peel.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

consider the lines read between.... I say no more.
hitman

Post by hitman »

Excuse my rudeness, but this secretive bullshit is starting to get a little old...

You aren't willing to reveal certain callsigns because of their 'sensitive' nature but you are to condone an excel spreadsheet consisting of almost every police car, make, color, callsign, location and department that are considered regular vehicles? So one department may not be as important as another - but they should ALL be considered sensitive.

If you aren't willing to post everything, I don't agree with posting anything at all!

I started using this site actively again when I broke my scanner (never got around to purchasing another one) and noticed the site taking another direction. It provides interesting reading, is informative and is a daily read for people like myself who are genuinely interested in the development and on-goings of the WA Police service. Don't ruin it with misinformation or consealment of interesting facts!
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

Or maybe liason with the WAPOL Public Affairs Office to ensure non-critical information is being published. This way people have a Do and Do Not post guidlines to work from.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Roger that Tom,
I hear ya and def understand.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Consider the spreadsheet removed.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Gee.....now im as curious as a cat can be???.....and like Rove says.. "WHAT THE?"
hitman

Post by hitman »

And I am somewhat regretful.

My comments werent for the intention of getting the spreadsheet removed - they were to stop the consealment of interesting facts! As a matter of fact I think the spreadsheet is an excellent idea.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

hitman wrote:You aren't willing to reveal certain callsigns because of their 'sensitive' nature but you are to condone an excel spreadsheet consisting of almost every police car, make, color, callsign, location and department that are considered regular vehicles? So one department may not be as important as another - but they should ALL be considered sensitive.

If you aren't willing to post everything, I don't agree with posting anything at all!
You have your wish hitman.

Also... read the Sunday Times last weekend.

I don't to be getting myself into trouble so I have removed the spreadsheet.
hitman

Post by hitman »

Dude, as I said - removing the spreadsheet is not my wish! It couldn't be further from the truth.

I was more referring to the other comments and revealing information on MSN and other methods but not here.

If your referring to the dossier of 'so called police secrets' your spreadsheet is a bit different. You are simply publishing information that any member of the public can see with their own eyes, on any given day.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

WPXZBP wrote:
hitman wrote:You aren't willing to reveal certain callsigns because of their 'sensitive' nature but you are to condone an excel spreadsheet consisting of almost every police car, make, color, callsign, location and department that are considered regular vehicles? So one department may not be as important as another - but they should ALL be considered sensitive.

You have your wish hitman.

I don't to be getting myself into trouble so I have removed the spreadsheet.
All i can say is WPXZBP, i am just sorry to have seen your hard work go down the drain.... :roll: You came up with the idea and we all helped to make it into a proper spreadsheet - this is silly
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

I didn't read it.

Now I haven't been on on a day or so and some people for some reason have edited their posts here and deleted their comments... Could someone please fill me in on what is going on??
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr